Friday 24 February 2012

Painting Update - Thunderwolf Lord

Most of you now should know about the impending release of a metric ton of second wave models for both the Space Wolves and Tyranids. What isn't as widely known around the internet is that I begun (finally) painting the Thunderwolf Lord I had started planning around Christmas 2010. Damn my timing.

As I never play in any GW tournaments I have kept to my original idea of having the Lord being off the Thunderwolf while surveying the battle field, moments before he jumps on its back to lead his terrifying charge at the enemies of mankind.

I have also started three more Fenrisian Wolves (using the goblin wolf rider models without the goblin riders) to accompany the Lord and Thunderwolf, as you can see in the progress photos.

The general idea for the time being is to run them in the following configuration: (This is based on models I currently have or I'm planning on buying on, say, March 3rd..)

Based on Current Models: 313pts

Wolf Lord : 265pts
Thunderwolf Mount, Runic Armour, Storm Shield, Wolf Claw, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Wolf Tail Talisman, Saga of the Bear

Fenrisian Wolf Pack : 48pts
6 Wolves

Based on Planned Models: 367pts

Wolf Lord : 295pts

Thunderwolf Mount, Runic Armour, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Wolf Tail Talisman, Saga of the Bear, 2xFenrisian Wolves

Fenrisian Wolf Pack : 72pts
9 Wolves

I'll have a think about the rest of the army and how I can support the units above adequately and hopefully will post up my findings in the coming weeks. After that I will then have to consider mixing in the Thunderwolf cavalry as well....

1 comment:

  1. This place might well be dead, but I take a shot: Where did you find that werewolf model?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is very much appreciated. I hope to hear more from you in the future!

Popular Posts