Monday 18 June 2012

Kriel Stone Bearer Unit - Completed

I feel like I cheated by a few steps with completing this unit, the Kriel Stone Bearers, as I received them already painted as can be seen in the picture to the left.

However, I still did have the whole of the actual Kriel Stone Bearer himself to paint and I wanted to change a few of the colours on the other members of the unit.

The painting of these guys was a lot quicker than with the Space Wolf Terminators I finished previously, so I can conclude that Football Manager is less of a distraction whilst painting than Lord of the Rings (all 3) and Spiderman (again, all 3).

The picture to the right shows the first stage of the transformation, with Khaki (VGC) on the trousers of the unit and US Olive Drab (VGC) on the kilt bits. Both were then washed over with Agrax Earthshade (GW). All under garments on the grunts were painted with Mechanicus Standard Grey (GW) then washed with Nuln Oil (GW).

I followed my usual recipe for the troll flesh, which left the finished models as per the few pictures below:


Thanks for looking guys, I'll be back soon with another painting update (Dark Eldar Archon/Mandrakes) and hopefully a gaming update on how my Loganwing is faring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is very much appreciated. I hope to hear more from you in the future!

Popular Posts