Monday, 9 January 2012
As you may be able to see from the picture I have kept my self busy over the Christmas/New Year period by constructing a Daemon Prince, Defiler and Dreadnaught for my Slaaneshi Army, 5 more Terminators for my Space Wolves and finally put together Urien Rakarth as a side project to painting marines.
My aim for now is to keep this blog updated with my progress, both in modelling and painting, of the models pictured and those acquired throughout the next year. I have the Space Wolf Terminators from Forge World to put together and a few buildings to construct. I am aiming to base coat all the models shown by the weekend, and start painting the Defiler by the end of the weekend.
Just a quick note on Urien Rakarth, which I will come back to in another post, but how frustrating is he to put together? I'm not sure if it's down to the fact I am more used to handling the chunky Space Marine pieces, but I found the fixing of his little additional arms to be ridiculously hard. Most the time they ended up glued to my fingers or dropping off before the glue had set.
With similar models in the future I would be tempted to put a little blob of green stuff in the hole, squeeze the arm in place, then remove any excess GS from the model instead of going with superglue directly.
Hope you all had a good New Year. See you all in a week or so!
Having crushed the Space Wolf force outside the city to prevent them interfering further down the road, the Eldar were ready to proceed ...
Arjac from the Space Wolves Codex Having finished painting my own Arjac Rockfist, I thought I would use this post to look at the concept ...
Completed now are the two Rat Ogre/Grotesque conversions I have done to add to my Dark Eldar forces. These two were very simple to paint...
I found a big lot on Ebay the other day. It was listed as various bits of Chaos Space Marines but was largely unspecific and the pictures ...