Monday, 16 January 2012
Urien Rakarth - The Beginning.
Outside of assembling Rakarth (which was a challenge in itself) I have also now based the Haemonculus and have sprayed him white, which leaves me to start on the paint job. I will be doing this alongside the painting of the Defiler I put together as well recently.
So far, my thoughts on the model of Urien can be summarised in the word argh! His little arms spent more time glued to my own fingers than anywhere else. Eventually, however, my persistence paid off and I had those limbs set in position. With hindsight, and also stated in another post of mine, I should have used a little bit of green stuff in each socket to help hold the arms in place.
I have also decided that I will be using Urien alongside the painting guide for Dark Eldar from a White Dwarf from last year. I will attempt to follow the painting guide in there, as written and instructed, so that we can see how closely the guides need to be followed to get their results.
In the next update I will let you all know what issues of White Dwarf I will be using, as well as detailing any progress made against the associated painting guide. I will also have more pictures to share with you all.
Having crushed the Space Wolf force outside the city to prevent them interfering further down the road, the Eldar were ready to proceed ...
A few posts back I said I was looking to enter something in the Golden Demon competition in 2013. This means I have a little under a year ...
This is the project I have been working away at over Christmas, Solomon Lok and his retinue from Forgeworld, and now that I have given the...
Completed so far, 10 Blood Claws. I say completed, but they are still awaiting their pack markings and bases to be done before they are tota...