Saturday 5 January 2013

A New Year, A New Hope.

Wow, we are now in 2013. How did we get here? 2012 seems like much of a blur now and boy, was it a biggun as well.

I have seen a lot of comments and other blog posts about how the 40k universe has evolved over the last year so I am not going to touch too much on that, other than to say the transition to 6th Edition has been very smooth and very enjoyable, and that the Chaos Space Marine Codex is, in my opinion, a very well balanced book that offers so much I am still trying to figure it all out.

From a personal perspective I was pleased with being able to keep up with the painting of my models, all of which can be found here. Normally I will give up the brush for a few months each year, but keeping the progress going on four different armies seems to have stopped any sort of boredom creeping in. Coupled with this was also my little excursions into painting Astorath the Grim and the Chaplain-Interrogator Seraphicus, both of whom I am very pleased with.

I am also happy seeing this blog grow and grow each month and I am really looking forward to seeing if I can get it to expand any further through this year, so a big thank you to all of you who have spared this blog some time over the year, it is very much appreciated!

On the gaming front I want to get more and more games in and one day this year, I swear to the gods, I will get a Logan-wing army to work and not have all my terminators fall to the stiff breeze that blows through the 40k universe.

From a hobby perspective I am going to aim to follow Tim for WarLlama40k and have my main target for the year as being - paint more than I buy! I have pretty much all the models I want, for the moment, in all my armies so there is really no excuse now for not putting paint on as much as possible. Of course, all models I do finish will be put up on here for everyone to see and for me to keep track of my own progress.

So, two simple resolutions for me - Paint more models than I buy and carry on gaming. What could be simpler hey? We'll have to see how it all goes.

I am also looking forward this year to putting something in the UK Golden Demon. I know its still 9 months away, but I love planning every little detail of anything well in advance and will be starting to look into this in greater detail in the coming months. If anyone has any hints, tips or encouragement they can throw at me (literally if needs be) then please do, I'd be very grateful!

Also coming up on the blog I have been thinking over a couple of ideas for regular articles that should be kicking off this month and I should be starting off a large campaign with a friend in the next month or so, which I am hoping will be as epic as the Space Wolves v Eldar campaign we had last year.

If you have read all that, well done. Thanks for reading and hope you keep coming back through 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Great work gutted I missed him on eBay

    Regards

    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is very much appreciated. I hope to hear more from you in the future!

Popular Posts