Saturday 27 October 2012

Helbrute and Astorath the Grim WIP

Just a quick progress update today on what I have been up to since finishing the Clawed Fiend.

To start things off with, I have begun painting the fleshy parts of the Helbrute from the Dark Vengeance boxset. I have been following the tutorial over on Tale of Painters. I want to make the fleshy parts a bit lighter than how Garfy has it on there, so will use a touch more white to make it all a bit paler.

So far, I am enjoying painting this guy, just seems to take forever to get anywhere. On the plus side though, once the flesh is done there isn't really that much of him left to do!

Another project ongoing at the moment is the very first Blood Angel to be painted by me. Astorath the Grim, as can be seen in the picture, has not got a huge amount of paint on him yet.

However, this belies the amount of time I have spent refixing the head of axe to the handle after snapping it off accidentally (sorry Ian).

He is also the first model I am painting having used the Vallejo Surface Primer to base the model. It goes on incredibly smoothly and covers up very little of the detail, which is something I have struggled with while using the spray on primers recently.

So far all Astorath has is a coat of Mephiston Red followed by a wash of Carroburg Crimson over his armour only.

And finally, the lastest model I have built, Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus of the Dark Angels.

Again based with the Vallejo Surface Primer, the model detail is incredible and I cannot wait to get stuck into painting my first Dark Angel.

So, that is all for the moment folks, hopefully will get another post or two up in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is very much appreciated. I hope to hear more from you in the future!

Popular Posts