Saturday, 27 October 2012
Helbrute and Astorath the Grim WIP
To start things off with, I have begun painting the fleshy parts of the Helbrute from the Dark Vengeance boxset. I have been following the tutorial over on Tale of Painters. I want to make the fleshy parts a bit lighter than how Garfy has it on there, so will use a touch more white to make it all a bit paler.
So far, I am enjoying painting this guy, just seems to take forever to get anywhere. On the plus side though, once the flesh is done there isn't really that much of him left to do!
However, this belies the amount of time I have spent refixing the head of axe to the handle after snapping it off accidentally (sorry Ian).
He is also the first model I am painting having used the Vallejo Surface Primer to base the model. It goes on incredibly smoothly and covers up very little of the detail, which is something I have struggled with while using the spray on primers recently.
So far all Astorath has is a coat of Mephiston Red followed by a wash of Carroburg Crimson over his armour only.
Again based with the Vallejo Surface Primer, the model detail is incredible and I cannot wait to get stuck into painting my first Dark Angel.
So, that is all for the moment folks, hopefully will get another post or two up in the coming days.
Having crushed the Space Wolf force outside the city to prevent them interfering further down the road, the Eldar were ready to proceed ...
Arjac from the Space Wolves Codex Having finished painting my own Arjac Rockfist, I thought I would use this post to look at the concept ...
Completed now are the two Rat Ogre/Grotesque conversions I have done to add to my Dark Eldar forces. These two were very simple to paint...
I found a big lot on Ebay the other day. It was listed as various bits of Chaos Space Marines but was largely unspecific and the pictures ...