Wednesday 20 February 2013

How I Paint my Gold

Today I am going to tell you how I paint the gold trim, as seen on my Slaaneshi/Emperor's Children.

A very simple recipe, largely borrowed from the guys over at a Tale of Painters, we will need the following paints:

Rhinox Hide, Brass Scorpion, Warplock Bronze, Agrax Earthshade.

Paint the areas you want to be gold with Rhinox Hide to start with, taking care to make sure you do cover all of those areas.

Once that layer has dried, paint over all the previous layer with Brass Scorpion.

Final stage then is to paint the area again with Warplock Bronze and once that has dried, wash over the gold areas with Agrax Earthshade. As a final highlight you can also return to the edges of the gold and use Warplock Bronze again as a highlight.

As I said, it is quite a simple recipe that I am using on these guys. I hope this guide is useful to someone, and hopefully I will be back with finished pictures of this guy and his powerfisted buddy very soon! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment it is very much appreciated. I hope to hear more from you in the future!

Popular Posts