Monday 14 November 2011

The Generous Games Workshop

Following on from my complaints in the last of the White Dwarf reviews I did for this blog, Games Workshop have apparently been very accommodating to my lack of support for their new shipping policy for the magazine.

After telling GW that I no longer wished to be subscribed to a magazine I could often buy in the shops 3 or 4 days before it arrived on my doorstep, they offered me their sincerest apologies, a partial refund on the subscription cost and a voucher for the webstore as a gesture of goodwill.

What I received as part of this goodwill amazed me, leading me to believe that GW cannot be as much of a money hungry organisation as one could assume by their price rises of recent times, and that good souls do reside in their employment. Either that or I just got incredibly lucky. Whichever way, I am very happy with what I could invest in following one complaint.

So, hopefully sometime in the near and war torn future, I will have a Daemon Prince and Defiler ready to join my Slaaneshi Army, sonic weapons to kit out my noise marines so they are WYSIWYG, and buildings aplenty to provide cover and terrain for any battles I ever carry out at home. Very much looking forward to Christmas so I can get all this kit out and put it all together. I will of course keep this blog updated as and when the modelling and painting begins.

And even having cancelled White Dwarf I still had delivered the new issue for me to be able to read on a long plane journey across to Cyprus. Games Workshop, I salute your generosity.

1 comment:

  1. wow you seriously got all that?! that's amazing! my single drop pod and free subscription is starting to feel a tad inadequate! bravo mate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is very much appreciated. I hope to hear more from you in the future!

Popular Posts